An anonymous comment from a reader in the UK noted "DHR International seems to be involved in a *LOT* of court cases." They went on to ask "Is this normal for search firms? Is this normal in the US?"
So, we have done some research and the answer is DHR are #1 out of all the search firms in terms of the litigation they are involved in. At least we have found a metric where DHR can claim to be #1 and be honest about it. We know DHR International claim to be #1 in geographic reach, when they are really #23 at best. We wonder if they will put this true #1 statistic on their web site?
DHR International, David Hoffmann, Geoff Hoffmann and their associates have been sued by clients, consultants, researchers and shareholders. They have sued consultants, clients, lawyers, accounting firms and insurers.
We have identified at least 24 cases from over the last few years where DHR International have been involved. Other larger search firms have been involved some litigation, but nowhere need as much as DHR International. In undertaking this exercise, we actually found new lawsuits involving DHR International. If you know of others for DHR International or the larger, more reputable search firms, please let us know and we will update this list.
- Adam Charlson v. DHR International, Inc., Carol Hartman, Christine Abrams, Geoffrey Hoffmann, Douglas Black (2 related suits)
- DHR International, Inc., Geoffrey Hoffmann, and Douglas Black v. Travelers Casualty and Surety Company of America (2 related suits)
- CDI Corporation v. DHR International, Inc.(2 related suits)
- Jeff Dandurand v. David H. Hoffmann
- Robert E. Reilly, Jr. v. DHR International, Inc. and David H. Hoffmann
- Hoffmann v. Deloitte Touche
- DHR International, Inc. v. Adam D. Charlson
- DHR International, Inc. v. Winston and Strawn
- (Principal) v. DHR International
- DHR International, Inc. v Debra Pollick and Battalia Winston International, Inc.
- DHR International v. Brian McGowan
- HDRN Pty Ltd v. DHR International Pty Ltd, David Hoffmann and Margaret Dillon
- Fallya Petrakapolou v. DHR International, Inc.
- DHR International, Inc. and David H. Hoffmann v. Federal Insurance Company
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Metro v. DHR International, Inc
- Prime Retail LP v. DHR International, Inc.
- DHR International, Inc. v. Harris et al
- DHR International, Inc. v. Accounting Professionals Fin. & Tax Serv., Inc
- Angela Torres v. DHR International, Inc.
- Harley v. Minerals Technologies Inc. (DHR were a party)
- Sandusky v. DHR International, Inc.
- Graff v. Qwest Communications Corp (Martin Pocs)
- Laidlaw, Inc. v. Student Transp. of America, Inc. (Robert Reilly)
- Ellis v. Century 21 Department Stores, No. 2
Heidrick & Struggles
- Marshall v. Heidrick & Struggles, Inc.
- Madden v. Heidrick & Struggles, Inc.
- Fencl v. Heidrick & Struggles, Inc.
- Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc. v. Deussing
- Carrott v. Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc.
Russell Reynolds Associates
- Discrimination suit
- Class action relating to share price